CHIMPS TREK IN BUDONGO FOREST – 1 DAY
The 1 Day Chimps Trek in Budongo Forest, Kaniyo Pabidi takes to this reserve which is located approximately 3 hours drive from Kampala city on the way to the prominent Murchison Falls National Park. This is the biggest Mahogany forest found in the whole of East Africa as well as habitat to the largest number of chimpanzees throughout Uganda. The major tourist sites in this forest are: the Kaniyo Pabidi Ecotourism site and Busingiro Ecotourism site
The 1 day itinerary for Chimpanzee Tracking Tour in Budongo Forest, Kaniyo Pabidi – A perfect Mini-Safari from Kampala if you want to see Chimpanzees in the abundance Wild and have limited time.
Leave Kampala at 6 am for your 4 hour drive north to Budongo Forest. Drive through the Ugandan countryside which alone is worth the trip toward Masindi. There is lots to see and many fabulous picture opportunities. You will be in a comfortable vehicle, English speaking driver, bottled water for your comfort.
Arrive at Kaniyo Pabidi at Budongo Forest and have lunch.
Chimpanzee tracking after lunch in this original Mahogany Forest. You will be tracking habituated chimpanzees which means that they are used to humans. This is a process that takes several years. They are not tame, but simply used to having humans near them and near them you come and see them up close.
After tracking return to Kampala by 7 pm…a full day, but well worth it and a most rewarding experience. Your best one day Chimpanzee tracking experience while in Uganda.
Each day, chimpanzees like gorillas move to another location for the night building new nests for that day. Budongo Forest is a project of both the Jane Goodall Institute and Uganda Wildlife Authority. Enjoy your time with the chimpanzees. If you like an overnight trip there is a basic lodging facility is available at a reasonable price and for those staying there is a restaurant where Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner is served.
Chimpanzee tracking is available for those over 18 years of age and in in good health, no colds, flu or any other transmittable illnesses.
Accommodation is based on a standard double/ twin or single room in your choice of accommodation. This can either be budget, mid-range or high end. All accommodation options are selected by its location and service standard compared to its price. When you are with 1, 3 or 5 persons 1 single supplement is included. When you want more single supplements you can contact us at email@example.com
Tour Price For 1 Day Lake Mburo National park (These prices are just suggestive and may be lower or higher than the suggested.
|No. of Persons on tour||Lowest Price per person in US Dollars|
- Mahogany Forest
- Budongo Forest
- Chimpanzee Tracking Experience
- January to March: Hot and dry, an excellent time of year to be on safari in Uganda.
- April and May: Uganda’s long rainy season when many camps are closed. Rains tend to be in the morning and late afternoon.
- June to September: Temperatures climb rapidly and this is a fantastic time of year for gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
- October to December: Another great time of year to be on safari, you can get some rain in November but temperatures are favourable and conditions are ideal for game viewing.
- Transport in a 4wd safari motor vehicle for excellent safari view viewing
- All fuel for the tour;
- English speaking Ugandan driver/guide;
- Full board accommodation with all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Bottled drinking water on safari, private 4×4 ground transportation with an English
- speaking driver guide, guides in national parks
- Meals according to the program
- Entrance to Lake mburo national Park including Vehicle
- International air fares;
- Entry visa Uganda;
- Accommodation in Kampala
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation;
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, hotel staff, etc;
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs etc.).