JINJA TOUR / THE NILE SOURCE – 1 DAY
Famous as the historic source of the Nile River, Jinja has emerged as the adrenaline capital of East Africa. On Jinja tour you can get your fix of white-water rafting, kayaking, quad biking, mountain biking, horseback riding and bungee jumping. The town itself is a buzzing little place with some wonderful, crumbling colonial architecture.
Coming from Kampala, the Owen Falls Dam forms a spectacular gateway to the town; but don’t take pictures – people have been arrested for doing so, even though there are no signs informing people of this law.
Meet with Travel Explore Africa driver/ Tour guide at your hotel at 07:00hrs and transferred to Jinja via Mukono District. Make a stopover at Mabira forest. Proceed to Jinja reaching the source of the Nile. Take a boat trip to the source of the Mighty Nile River. The spot where the River starts its long journey to the Mediterranean Sea in Egypt. While at the source get a chance to view different species of birds especially the kingfisher.
Go for lunch at Nile Resort Hotel/ Hotel Triangle and in the afternoon go for a half day rafting trip at the Bujjagali falls. Return in the evening and immediately transfer back to Kampala. Enroute make a stopover at Sezibwa falls in Mukono District and have a glance at the River which is said to be born by human beings. Proceed with the journey to Kampala reaching late in the evening. This tour can be done any time of the year. It can also be done at the start or at the end of any of our other safari packages.
Accommodation is based on a standard double/ twin or single room in your choice of accommodation. This can either be budget, mid-range or high end. All accommodation options are selected by its location and service standard compared to its price. When you are with 1, 3 or 5 persons 1 single supplement is included. When you want more single supplements you can contact us at email@example.com
- The Nile Source
- Boat Trip
- Bujjagali Falls.
- Owen Falls Dam
- Sezibwa Falls
- White Water Rafting.
- January to March: Hot and dry, an excellent time of year to be on safari in Uganda.
- April and May: Uganda’s long rainy season when many camps are closed. Rains tend to be in the morning and late afternoon.
- June to September: Temperatures climb rapidly and this is a fantastic time of year for gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
- October to December: Another great time of year to be on safari, you can get some rain in November but temperatures are favourable and conditions are ideal for game viewing.
- Transport in a 4wd safari motor vehicle for excellent safari view viewing
- All fuel for the tour;
- English speaking Ugandan driver/guide;
- Full board accommodation with all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Bottled drinking water on safari, private 4×4 ground transportation with an English
- speaking driver guide, guides in national parks
- Meals according to the program
- Bujjagali Falls
- Source of Nile Entry
- International air fares;
- Entry visa Uganda;
- Accommodation in Kampala
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation;
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, hotel staff, etc;
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs etc.).